Human Resources Policy Manual
Please visit the University Human Resources Policies Manual for a comprehensive list of all University Policies on benefits, compensation, employment, performance, recruitment, sick leave, termination, time off, and more.
Penn Engineering’s Office of Human Resources highlights a few key Penn Engineering and University policies here:
- Background Checks – Working with Minors: All faculty and staff that have direct contact with minors, on a regular basis, must undergo a series of background checks that are required by the State of Pennsylvania. This includes all faculty and staff that are running summer programs involving interaction with minors. If you have questions please contact Kathryn Fogle. Additional information is available here.
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Guidelines for Unpaid Students
- Junior Faculty Members’ Career-Family Balance
- Overtime Compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Postdoctoral Policies: University policies regarding postdoctoral fellows can be accessed here.
- Suspension of Normal Operations
- Use of Electronic Resources
- Uses of University Resources
- Workers’ Compensation: Office of Risk Management & Insurance
- Workplace Issue Resolution Program
- Work Schedules